Although More And More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Although more and more people read news on the internet, newspapers will remain the most important source of news. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In the present world, it is seen that a large number of people depend on the internet for most of their needs. There is no doubt that people prefer the internet to newspaper for news updates. However, in my opinion, although the readership of newspapers is declining gradually, they have their own place in the news industry.
Newspapers are considered to be the most important source of news and information for several reasons. The era of newspapers began long ago, much before the emergence of the internet and it will not come to an end anytime soon.
The old generation people and even many youngsters still rely on newspapers because they are used to reading newspapers from their very young age and it has become their habit. People cannot give up and old habit all of a sudden. And also not all people are comfortable with the latest technologies. Moreover, there are still many people who are not familiar with phones and computers and there are also places where the internet facility is not at all present. Better still, newspapers do not cause any eye strain. Consequently, people can read them for long hours. Another factor that works in favour of newspapers is their credibility. It is hard to ensure the veracity of information found online. However, in the case of newspapers, people can trust the source.
To conclude, although technology is developing fast, it cannot completely replace the traditional ways of accessing news and information. Online sources may continue to grow in popularity, but in my opinion, newspapers are here to stay because in addition to being a good source of news, newspapers inculcate the habit of reading in people.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- People No Longer Use The Television And The Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | News stories on TV and in newspapers are very often accompanied by pictures