All fathers should be entitled to time-off from work when their children are born | IELTS essay sample
All fathers should be entitled to time-off from work when their children are born. What is your opinion?
Here is a band 8 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many companies now allow fathers to take a few days or weeks off from work after the birth of their child. In my opinion, this is a meaningful idea. In the following paragraphs I will explain why I think so.
Just like the mother, the father may also experience a lot of stress and tension in the days prior to and immediately after the birth of their child. The paternity leave makes it easy for them to cope with this situation. If the husband is working at office when his wife is in labour, he is going to experience a great deal of stress. As a result, his concentration on his work will reduce affecting quality. His inability to support his wife during the delivery of their baby is another cause of stress. Because of this reason, in many countries now fathers are also allowed days off from work after the birth of their baby. This short leave entitlement will not only enable the fathers to be with wives during the delivery but also provide work-life balance so that the quality of work is not compromised.
The second reason for allowing paternity leave is that husbands can help their wives to take care of the baby. Childbirth can be excruciatingly painful for the woman and she desperately needs someone to help her in the days immediately after the delivery. A husband can be of immense help to a woman if he is around her and her baby in the days immediately after delivery.
After closely analyzing the subject, it can be concluded that all fathers should be entitled to paternity leave. This will not only make childbirth less stressful for them but also enable them to offer crucial support to their wives during this important period of life.
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- IELTS sample essay: Why do couples delay parenthood?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Engage In Paid Work
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- IELTS essay: Causes of excessive pressure on children
- Should children be working? | Band 8 essay sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- Children Are Facing More Pressures These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS vocabulary exercise