Air Travel Should Be Restricted Because It Causes Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that air travel should be restricted because it can cause environment pollution. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and relevant examples. Give reasons for your explanations and use any relevant examples from your own life.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Since air travel causes environmental pollution some people insist that it should be restricted. However, I do not agree with this view because other modes of transportation also emit poisonous gases into the atmosphere and affect air quality. Hence by simply restricting air travel we cannot reduce pollution.
Air travel certainly causes air pollution; however, discouraging it is not the solution to this problem because any such move will have disastrous consequences on the economy. If air travel is restricted, it will have a massive impact on the travel and tourism industry. Since this sector employs tens of thousands of people, any decision that affects it will have a negative impact global economy. International tourism is the main source of revenue for many developing and developed countries in the world. If air travel is banned or restricted, it will mean that international tourists will have to depend on alternative means of transport. Since water transport is extremely slow many of them will simply give up their plan to visit foreign countries. Consequently, many people who depend on tourism will lose their living.
What’s more, air travel is not the only cause of pollution. Cars, buses and trucks cause as much pollution as aeroplanes. Therefore, by simply discouraging air travel, we cannot achieve any real improvement in air quality. A better solution is to invest in greener sources of fuels.
To conclude, the argument that air travel should be restricted because it causes air pollution does not hold much water for the simple reason that other means of transport also pollute the air. If improving air quality is our goal, investing in greener sources of energy is the solution.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Restricting Air Travel Is The Only Way To Reduce Air Pollution
- An International Car Free Day Is A Solution To Air Pollution | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Government should increase tax in air travel
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that factories and tour operators should bear the cost of cleaning up pollution?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample