Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Space exploration costs tax payers’ an exorbitant amount of money each year. What are the advantages and disadvantages of spending money on space exploration?
Here is band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Over the past few years, space exploration has been the most interesting topic all over the world. Research and experiments in this field involve high expenditure and money for this purpose comes from taxpayers. While it is true that spending money on space exploration offers a few advantages, there are some disadvantages as well and they cannot be overlooked.
The main advantage of space exploration is the possibility of finding another habitable place in the universe for humans to live. The reason for this is that the Earth has limited natural resources; thus, it is important to find an alternative place to live in before all its resources are exhausted. In addition to that, we need satellites in space to collect information about climatic changes and to spot extraterrestrial objects that approach earth. Satellites also help the functioning of broadcasting stations and navigational systems on earth. However, a lot of money is required to maintain these satellites.
The major disadvantage of space research is that a large amount of money is required for building a spacecraft. There had been many instances where the launch of the spacecraft had failed; thus all those money involved was wasted. The truth is that we do not have send missions to Mars or Jupiter to live peacefully on our planet. Actually if the millions or billions of dollars used for space research were used to improve the conditions on earth, we would not have to look for habitable planets elsewhere.
To conclude, space research certainly benefits humanity; however, there is no justification for spending huge amounts on it because improving the conditions on earth is much better than trying to colonise other planets.
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- Do The Advantages Of Running A Business Outweigh The Disadvantages? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample |Advantages And Disadvantages Of Taking A Year Off Between High School And University
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances