Advantages And Disadvantages If All Homes Should Have An Outdoor Living Space | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Advantages and disadvantages on if all homes should have an outdoor living space.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, more and more homes are equipped with an outdoor / exterior living area. I believe that this addition has both merits and demerits in equal measures.
An outdoor living space allows people to spend more time in the sun. This is particularly important for people living in cold climates where even a small exposure to the sunlight is cherished. An outdoor space like a deck or patio is a great place for people to spend some quality time with their loved ones and get closer to the nature. The exposure to wind and light will also increase people’s immunity and enhance their mood. Also, the outdoor living space may not require artificial lighting or ventilation and hence your power bills can be lower.
On the other hand, if the house has an outdoor living space, the square footage will increase and the cost of the home will also increase. This can make it unaffordable to many people. Also, the outdoor living area requires maintenance. This can cost money. If you live in a country with extreme weather conditions, it is not easy to save the outdoor area from ice in the winter months.
In conclusion, there are both benefits and downsides to adding an external living area to all homes. While it brings people closer to nature and enhances their mood and immunity, it also increases the costs of owning and maintaining a home.
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed, But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available Is In The Countryside | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Live In A House While Others Feel That There Are More Advantages To Living In An Apartment | Band 8 IELTS Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Governments Spend Millions of Dollars On Space Programmes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places New Homes Are Needed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Place Available For Building New Homes Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample