Advances In Technology And Automation Have Reduced The Need For Manual Labour | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Advances in technology and automation have reduced the need for manual labour, therefore working hours should be reduced. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
A lot of people are lobbying for a reduction in work hours due to the introduction of new technology and automation. I am of the opinion that work hours should not be cut down just because there are new strides in technology. The time that is saved due to adoption of latest technologies and automations should be invested in new research and development projects so that organizations can cater to the growing demands of the market.
Organisations which have adopted new technologies and have seen a reduction in manual labour can utilise all the additional time their workforce has into testing other latest technologies that are out there to make the processes even better. Improving processes helps these organisations explore a plethora of other opportunities they can invest in to benefit their employees. For example, the pharmaceutical giant Dr. Reddy’s labs invested a lot of money into automating their raw material packaging which resulted in saving around 4000 man-hours per month. Instead of reducing the working hours or letting go of their employees, they in turn invested this additional time they had into testing and implementing other technologies that was used for manufacturing capsules and this saved them millions of dollars which was later invested in research and development of new cancer medicines.
Furthermore, with growing population, there is always growth in demand and reduction in manual labour provides one with the flexibility to work on the growing demands of people. For example, several banks have adopted new software systems to automate some of their end of the day activities and thus saved a lot of time of their employees. The time thus saved was then invested in bringing in more customers, catering to the ever growing market needs and growing their own businesses.
In conclusion, the main advantage of moving to newer technology and automation is reduction in manual effort, but this advantage can be leveraged further by utilizing the saved time to validate and implement many other technologies out there in the market and expanding the business to meet the exploding market requirements.
- Advances In Technology And Automation Have Reduced The Need For Manual Labour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Inevitable That As Technology Advances Traditional Cultures Will Be Lost | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- Labour-Saving Devices Make Our Lives Easier | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Countries With Long Average Working Hours Are Economically More Successful Than Those Countries Which Do Not Work Long Hours | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Crime Rate Nowadays Is Decreasing Compared To The Past Due To Advances In Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Eventually Technology Will Solve The Most Important Environmental Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Crime Rate Is Decreasing Due To Advanced Technology | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Information Technology Enables Many People To Do Their Work Outside Their Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample