A Teacher’s Role Is To Motivate And Inspire Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
It is thought that a school teacher’s role is to motivate and inspire students. However, other people believe that a teacher’s primary role is to pass on knowledge. What do you think is the role of a teacher?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
It is an undeniable fact that teachers play a significant role in shaping a child’s future. While many believe that a teacher’s role is to educate students, others believe that they should act as a beacon of hope and inspiration. In my opinion, teachers should both educate and motivate students.
Although it is conventional to think that teachers should focus solely on academics, I believe that it shouldn’t be their only role. This is because youngsters spend much of their time in schools and tend to pick up social skills and moral values from their peers and instructors. Additionally, they tend to listen to their professors as they have utmost respect for them. Therefore, it is imperative that teachers inculcate a sense of responsibility and empathy in their students, as they have the power to change a child’s life for the better.
Moreover, most teenagers rely on their teachers for support in crisis, as most parents simply do not have enough time to spend with their kids. Many teenagers suffer depression and psychological breakdown during their adolescent years and teachers play a pivotal role during this time. Therefore, it is quite evident that teachers need to be the pillar of strength for students during these tough times.
In conclusion, although academics play a crucial role in a child’s life, it is also important that they grow up into mature and responsible adults. Teachers play a huge role in this regard and therefore, in addition to sharing knowledge, they should inspire and motivate their students to be a better version of themselves.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS essay sample | Why do children misbehave in the class?