A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
You recently took a plane to a holiday in a foreign city, and on arrival you found that your luggage was lost. You did not receive your luggage until the last day of your holiday. Write to the airline:
- complaining about this situation
- saying why it caused you problems
- seeking suitable compensation
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the way your airline handles passenger luggage. I traveled to London from New York on the 27th of May, 2018. Unfortunately, my luggage was lost.
I was informed by the airport authorities that my luggage had been misplaced and that it would be delivered to my address within 24 hours. In the first place, I did not expect such negligence from a reputed airline brand like yours. Worse still, I did not receive my luggage until the last day of my holiday. This is truly disappointing.
All of my clothes, shoes and toiletries were inside the bag. Not only the everyday essentials but my medicines were also in the suitcase. As a result, I faced serious health complications which are still troubling me.
I want you to offer me compensation for the inconvenience caused. My entire trip was spoilt because of your negligence / apathy. The least I expect now is a full refund of my ticket price.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
- You Lost Your Bag On A Flight | A Letter To The Airline
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Forgot Your Handbag On The Aeroplane
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- Letter To Manager About Ways To Improve Reception Area | Band 8 IELTS Letter Samples
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim