A Growing Number Of People Work By Telecommuting | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
A growing number of people work by telecommuting, that is, the employee works from home, using a computer and the Internet to connect with the office. What are the advantages and disadvantages of working this way?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Telecommuting is becoming immensely popular in today’s era. It provides numerous benefits such as better work life balance, cost reduction and many more to both employees and employers. However, there are also some drawbacks associated with it.
Firstly, working from home is a boon for the employees as it helps in maintaining work-life balance. Many people are unable to spend quality time with their families due to long hours at work. Thus, telecommuting helps in saving the time spent in commuting. Secondly, it gives more benefits to women who are forced to quit their jobs to look after their kids. Also, it helps in reducing administrative and maintenance costs such as the cost of furniture, hardware, rentals and utilities for the employers.
On the other hand, there are a few disadvantages associated with working from home. To begin with, it hampers a person’s team skills as well as social skills. If a person is working alone, his interpersonal skills become stagnant after some time. In other words, people need to work in a team to develop the managerial and interpersonal skills. In addition, it makes the staff management difficult as the managers do not have any idea what their employees are doing. Furthermore, employees tend to be lazy if there is lack of supervision from the managers.
In conclusion, telecommuting has made lives comfortable by offering immense benefits to the organization as well as employees. Despite the drawbacks associated it is widely promoted by the employers. Thus, it is the duty of the employees to make best use of this opportunity for the growth of the company.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some Say That It Would Be Better If The Majority Of Employees Work From Home | Band 8 And 7.5 IELTS Essay Samples
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That When Recruiting, Companies Should Aim To Take On People Who Are Innovative And Able To Work Independently | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Many People Find It Hard To Balance Their Work With Other Parts Of Their Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample