A family member is coming to stay with you | Informal IELTS letter sample
A family member is coming to stay with you. He/she will be arriving by train in the morning, but you won’t be home until the evening. Write a letter to your relative. In your letter:
- explain the arrangements you have made for them to get keys and enter the house
- tell your relative how to get from the train station to your house
- say when you will be home and suggest what you could do together that evening
Here is a sample letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
IELTS letter sample
I am glad to hear you are coming to visit. It’s been so long we both had fun together. I can’t really express how excited I am; however, unfortunately, an important meeting has come up and I would be away till evening.
In the meanwhile, I have made some arrangements for you to gain access to my house. You will find the house keys in a pink color flower pot hanging near the main entrance. Also, don’t forget that to get to my house you have to catch the connecting metro from railway station. Be sure to get off at the sector 50 metro station. My house is just a few minutes’ walk from the station.
And of course, I have some brilliant plans for the evening. We will be attending a rock show in the most happening club of the town. So get ready before I arrive.
See you soon.
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | A Friend Is Visiting You But You Will Not Be There To Pick Them Up From The Airport
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Relative Is Visiting You But You Won’t Be There To Receive Them
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- Band 7 Letter Sample | A Letter Asking for Support
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend