You Would Like To Work In The Head Office Of Your Company In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You work for an international company, and would like to spend six months working in its head office in another country. Write a letter to your manager:
- Explain why you want to work there
- Say how your work could be done while you are away
- Ask for his/her help in arranging it.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Dave,
I am writing to express my desire to work at our firm’s headquarters located in Montreal, Canada.
I have some valid reasons to ask for this transfer. My sister will be starting her studies in the said city from this fall. She has asked for my assistance in arranging her accommodation. Consequently, if this request is approved, I will have the opportunity to be there for six months, which I consider sufficient enough to make necessary arrangements.
Even though I will be away from this office, I intend to handle responsibility of the entire work from here, while my employment is in the head office. As all our office premises in the entire world have remote access, I can utilize it to perform all the tasks, even when I am physically unavailable.
I am aware that this could be a challenging decision for you to make. However, I believe that due to the amount of contributions I made to the company’s progress, I am entitled to ask for this favour from you. If you recommend my case, it will be given the utmost priority.
I look forward to receiving your response.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Offered You Some Work In His Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Relocated To An Overseas Country Recently And Shipped Your Furniture Through A Shipping Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter About An Item Forgotten In The Office
- You Work From Home And Has A Problem With A Piece Of Equipment | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- Your Child Is Going On A Three Day Trip To Another Country |Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample