Your Local Newspaper Is Going To Hold A Competition Where One Person Who Has Done Most To Help Local Community Will Be Awarded | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Your local newspaper is going to hold a competition where one person who has done most to help local community will be awarded. Write a letter to the editor:
- Name and describe about the person you think could in this competition
- How you know this person
- How he has helped the community
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, reports and essays corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am writing this letter to recommend my old teacher Joseph Peng for your award for humanitarian work.
He works as a Teacher and is the most suitable person who deserves to win this competition because of his helping tendency, humbleness and kind nature. I know him from my childhood as I studied in his class when I was in the fifth grade.
He was my mathematics teacher. In addition to teaching Math, he used to tell many stories which taught us the values of life and thus, he became my favorite primary teacher. Though he is not wealthy he runs an old-age home in our area for helping elderly people abandoned by their families. It is a great success. While his charity receives some donations from the public, it mainly runs on his own contributions. Helping others is his passion.
So, I request you to enroll him for your competition and award him the prize. This will motivate other kind-hearted people in our neighbourhood to also contribute to the community.
Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- Letter To The Editor Of A Newspaper Enquiring About An Old Friend | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Local Newspaper Published An Advertisement Asking People To Help With Protecting The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 essay sample about compulsory community service for high school students
- Band IELTS Essay Sample | Unpaid Community Service Should Be Part Of School Curriculum
- Some People Think That The Closure Of Local Businesses Will Bring About The Death Of Local Communities | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Suggest A Group That Should Receive Financial Assistance From Your Company Next Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample