Your Local Hospital Has Advertised People To Do Unpaid Work Helping At The Hospital | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Your local hospital has advertised people to do unpaid work helping at the hospital. You would like to do some work at the hospital in your free time.
Write a letter to the hospital. In your letter
- explain why you would like to do unpaid work at the hospital
- say what type of unpaid work you would be able to do
- give details of when you would be available for this work
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
My name is Rashi Mehta. I reside opposite your hospital building. I am writing this letter to enquire about the advertisement published in the Times of India regarding volunteer work.
I personally feel I will be an ideal candidate, because I recently resigned from my full-time job to take a break from work. I have sufficient leisure time which I can use effectively helping people in need. In addition, I have worked in an old age home before therefore, I posses the required skills.
In my previous job as a volunteer, my duty was to give patients medicines on time and attend to their other needs such as providing them meals and assisting them to walk. I am comfortable performing any of the aforementioned tasks.
Since, I mostly work part-time from home on weekdays. I shall be available from Monday thru Friday between 2 pm between 5 pm. My son usually comes back from college by 6:30pm so I need to prepare him evening snacks before he arrives. I hope you find me suitable for this position.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- Some People Think That Criminals Who Commit Minor Crimes Should Be Made To Do Unpaid Community Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Youngsters Should Get Involved In Unpaid Work | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Your Local Newspaper Is Going To Hold A Competition Where One Person Who Has Done Most To Help Local Community Will Be Awarded | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest To Volunteer
- Band 8 IELTS Letter To A Teammate Who Is In Hospital
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Some People Think That Youngsters Should Get Involved In Community Work | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Two Maps Below Show Road Access To A City Hospital In 2007 And 2010 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Road Access To City Hospital | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report