Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
Your local council is considering closing a sports and leisurecenter that it runs, In order to save money.
Write a letter to the local council. In your letter
- give details of how you and your friends or family use the center
- explain why the sports and leisure center is important for the local community
- describe the possible effects on local people if the center closes
Sample IELTS letter
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the local council’s decision to close the health and leisure centre in our neighbourhood. I am a resident of Ellsworth Community. My family and I are regular users of this centre and I am concerned that its closure will have far reaching consequences for us.
To start with, if this centre is closed we will have no place to exercise or get together. This will not only affect our health but also hinder us from forming friendly relations with our neighbours and other community members. As you probably already know most of my community members practice yoga at the centre every Wednesday and Friday. This is a great way for them to get fit and relax. While it is true that there is a sports centre in the city, we have to travel 20 miles to access it.
Therefore, I would like to request you to reconsider your decision to close this centre. Instead, the council can consider closing the community hall which is used only once a year for community meetings.
I hope you understand the situation and revoke your decision.
Thank you for your consideration.
Writing correction service
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it in the comments below for a free band score estimate or get your writing samples corrected by me for a fee.
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently travelled on the local bus service in your town. You think the driver drove badly and was rude to the passengers