Your friend is visiting you. You want her to bring certain items for you. Write a letter to her explaining the items you need and why. Also tell her the way to reach from the airport as you will be unable to pick her up. Also mention why you wouldn’t be able to receive her.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
I am so happy to hear that you are coming next week. I am really excited about your arrival. It has been a long time and we have got a lot of things to catch up on.
I need a small favour from you. If it’s convenient and if you are not over your luggage capacity already, I request you to get me my text books from my mother’s place. I had forgotten them over there during my previous visit last November. As you know, she lives a couple of blocks from your place. I really need those three books to prepare for my semester exam next month.
Also, I would like to sincerely apologise to you as I won’t be able to pick you up from the airport. I have an appointment with the dentist and he is unable to reschedule it to another date. But that is hardly a cause for concern. You can reach my place easily. You need to take bus no. 1099 from the airport’s bus facility. It will drop you right at my doorstep on Shivaji Park lane.
Looking forward to seeing you soon
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | A Friend Is Visiting You But You Will Not Be There To Pick Them Up From The Airport
- Your Friend Is Coming But You Cannot Receive Them At The Airport | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Relative Is Visiting You But You Won’t Be There To Receive Them
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to your host
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs