Young People Today Spend More Time Than Ever Before Playing Video Games | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Young people today spend more time than ever before playing video games. This is harmful to their physical and social development. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays youngsters enjoy playing video games and as a result, they spent a great deal of time on their computers. Although playing video games has a negative effect on their physical and emotional growth and development, it has a few benefits too. Hence, I can only partially agree with the given argument that video games are harmful for children.
Playing videos games excessively can hurt the physical and sociological development of children in numerous ways. Firstly when young children are addicted to playing video games they spent a lot of time sitting in front of their computers and they may hardly do other physical activities. Due to this situation, young people may not receive adequate exercise and they may become obese. In addition, this addiction to playing these games prevent children from going out to socialize with their friends and play other games such as football and hockey, which provide exercise to the body. Due to this, these youngsters may not be able to make friends in the society or engage in any social activity, which may help to build the social network they may require in future to be a successful person. Furthermore, many video games have violent content and children playing them may demonstrate aggressive and antisocial behaviour. Hence playing video games can be harmful for youngsters both socially and physiologically.
On the other hand, playing these kinds of games can also benefit them. Some video games enhance the creativity of children and enable them to take quick decisions in emergency situations. A good example is the specially designed pilot training software. Moreover, some video games allow playing in teams and they may be helpful to make a virtual network of friends.
In conclusion, playing video games can be harmful to the physical and sociological development of children by making them obese and antisocial even though these games can improve their decision-making abilities and creativity.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- An Increasing Trend Nowadays Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Trend Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Individual Games Vs. Games That Require Team Work
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people