Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Home When They Become Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
It is considered by some that young people should be encouraged to leave home when they become adults; others say that it is better if they remain with family as long as possible. Discuss both view and your opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, youngsters should be motivated to leave their home and live on their own when they become adults. However, others believe that young people should stay with their families as long as possible. I personally opine that it is a wise decision to leave home at the beginning of one’s career, provided that one does not have any dependent family members. Now, I will discuss both the views in upcoming paragraphs.
Encouraging young people to leave their homes and be on their own is definitely a common trend seen nowadays and there are various reasons to support this argument. First, better job opportunities are available when people move to cities or other countries. This, therefore, helps in their career development and broadens their career prospects. Second, people become independent in addition to being confident and mature, when they leave their homes and live at far places. For example, now they learn to take decisions on their own, both personally and professionally, considering their growth and goals .
On the other hand, living with families has its own advantages which cannot be overlooked. First, people can remain under the guidance of their parents and elder members of house and develop qualities like respect, caring attitude towards them. This consequently helps them to stay connected to the roots of our culture and values. For example, studies have shown that adults who live in their families are more emotionally attached to them as compared to ones who live at distant places. Second, they can provide mental and emotional support to their parents whenever they need it.
However, in my opinion, although it is necessary for an individual to be career-orientated and independent in this competitive world, it should not be at the expense of your family and if they are dependent on you, it is better to stay with them and find an alternative to grow professionally and financially in your hometown. To conclude, there are certainly benefits to leaving home and being on one’s own. However, if your family is dependent on you, it is better to stay with them so that you can take better care of your needs.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- An Increasing Trend Is For Young Adults To Play Computer Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better To Learn Cooking After People Become Adults | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Who should pay for senior care?
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Juveniles Committing Serious Crimes Should Be Punished In The Same Way As Adults
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample