Young People Are Getting More Influenced By Their Friends Than Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Young people are getting more influenced by their friends than their parents and teachers. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People’s opinions differ as to whether friends play a relatively more significant role than parents in young people’s upbringing. While some people insist that friends exert more impact on them than parents, I do not agree with them, and I believe that parents and friends have the same amount of influence.
On the one hand, guardians’ support is the basis of youngsters’ growth. It is their fathers and mothers who love and nurture them after they are born, providing them with life necessities such as food, clothes, shelters, and the fees of education. Without such support, they are less likely to survive let alone receive tertiary education. In addition, parents are the first teachers of children. To be more specific, guardians equip them with the skills of distinguishing wrong from right by imparting moral value to them, which effectively minimizes their possibilities of committing crimes in the future. This can be proved by the fact that most criminals come from dysfunctional families where their parents failed to inculcate values to their children when they were young.
On the other hand, during young people’s schooling phase, they begin to get influenced by their friends. During this time period, children start to attach more importance to fitting into groups, and they often opt to imitate their friends’ behavior to achieve this aim. Besides, when they are suffering some difficulties at school, most of them resort to their friend rather than their parents, since they believe that their peers can give them better help by standing in their shoes.
In conclusion, guardians and friends equally contribute to young people’s development.
- Some People Say That Young People Are Much More Influenced By Their Friends Than Their Parents Or Teachers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- Young People Have Different Ideas And Attitudes Than Their Parents And Grandparents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Have Different Views And Attitudes Than Their Parents | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Band 7 essay sample: Friends’ influence over young people
- Parents And Teachers Make Many Rules For Children To Encourage Good Behaviour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That Family Members Are More Important Than Friends | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample