You work for an international company, and would like to spend six months working in its head office in another country.
Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Explain why you want to work in the company’s head office for six months
- Say how your work could be done while you are away
- Ask for his/her help in arranging it
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Dear Mr William,
I am writing this letter to express my interest in working at our company headquarters located in the United States for a short period of time.
As you are aware we have started developing the software for the Underground mining products at our offshore design centre. I would like to travel to our company headquarters and work there for a period of six months to acquire detailed knowledge about the product for which we develop software solutions. This is quite essential to build an effective software that meets customer expectations.
During my absence, I would like my colleague Mr Adam to take over my work in supporting the software team as a product owner. I have already discussed the travel plans with him and made him aware of the responsibilities of the role, so we can continue with the software development during my absence. Finally, I would need your support to get the approvals for the travel plan which I feel would really help us to get the product developed with a 100% success rate.
I look forward to a positive reply from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You are a professional and you are planning to work abroad | Band 7 IELTS letter sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it
- As Part Of Your Study You Have Worked For A Short Period Of Time In A Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You work from home and have a problem with a piece of equipment that you use for your job