You travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company. Write to the airline and explain what happened. Describe your suitcase and tell them what was in it. Find out what they are going to do about it.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to inquire about my suitcase. It was lost while I was travelling on the Flight A-320 of your airline company. The incident happened last Sunday when I was returning to Mumbai from Delhi.
Before boarding the flight, I had deposited my suitcase at the luggage counter. However, upon landing at the destination airport, I was not able to find my suitcase on the conveyor belt. I searched for almost an hour but could not locate it. I then registered the complaint (Id# 12437) with the customer care unit. I have not heard from them anything yet.
It is a dark blue rectangular shaped suitcase with the tag name American Tourister on the front side. It has wheels and a retractable handle. The suitcase contains my expensive wedding clothes, a digital camera, some jewellery and a small pouch with money worth 30,000 rupees.
As it has been more than a week now, I am getting a bit impatient and anxious. I suppose someone might have picked up my suitcase by mistake. It is also possible that they forgot to ship my suitcase. I earnestly request you to look into it.
Thank you for your time and support.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
- A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
- Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris but forgot your bag on the plane | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- You Lost Your Bag On A Flight | A Letter To The Airline
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
- During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Forgot Your Handbag On The Aeroplane
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- You Travelled To Another City And There Was A Problem With Your Hotel Room | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample