You rented a car from Car Rental Company. The air conditioner has stopped working. You phoned the company a week ago but it still has not been repaired. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
– introduce yourself
– explain the situation
– say what action you would like the company to take
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
I am Neha Shoor and I rented a car from your company on 3rd October 2018 for three weeks. I am writing to inform you about a complaint which I registered on 6th October regarding the problem with the air conditioner of the car. Let me explain the situation.
I was on my way to Palampur from Jalandhar. As I was driving, the air conditioner stopped working. Soon I realized that the coolant has leaked. I immediately reported this to your company’s manager. He told me that a mechanic would visit my home within a day to check the cause of the problem. I am very disappointed that a week has passed but nobody is paying heed to my grievance. I want to apprise you that I feel very uncomfortable while driving as the weather is very warm. Because of this reason, I am forced to avoid long drives.
I request you to take immediate action in this matter or else rent me another car.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- You Bought A New Phone And It Has Stopped Working | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- There Is A Problem With The Changing Rooms In The Sports Centre | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Landlord
- Band 9 letter sample | A complaint letter about a faulty device
- Band 7 Letter Sample | A Letter Asking for Support
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- The Car You Hired Met With An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord