You relocated to an overseas country recently and shipped your furniture and other possessions through a shipping company. When you received them, you found that some of them had got damaged. Write a letter to the delivery manager of the shipping company: In your letter, explain:
- when and where the shipment was
- describe the damages
- what you want the shipment company to do.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to inform you that some of my furniture that your company shipped from India to China suffered damage during transit. I was transferred from India to China last month. Based on your customer rating in a survey conducted by the Forbes Magazine, I chose your company to transport my household items and personal belongings.
My furniture and other items were dispatched on 12th December from Mumbai port and were supposed to be delivered by 23th December at Beijing port in China. The shipment arrived four days late and I finally received it yesterday. Upon unpacking my furniture I found that some of them had suffered damage. The glass top of my dining table is broken. It could have been caused by the jerking of the container. In addition, the queen size bed has got scratches all over the cushion area. The Whirlpool refrigerator which I purchased 6 months ago is now nonfunctional. I am sorry to tell us this but I was not expecting this kind of poor service from a reputed company like yours.
I am entitled to make a claim for the damaged items. Kindly inform me about the procedure and the documents I need to submit.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Would Like To Volunteer In A Developing Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For Volunteers To Teach English Overseas | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask Your Help For Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Complaint Letter About A Taxi Service You Used Recently | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS letter sample