You have recently visited a museum. Now write a letter to your friend about the museum you have visited. In your letter, write:
- where you went
- what you saw there
- how you felt about it
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
How’re you doing? I am writing to share my experience of visiting a train museum recently. It is located in the city centre, just two blocks from the Green Park metro station. It opened only recently but it has already started getting a lot of visitors.
You can find there numerous kinds of train engines, some of them dating back to hundreds of years. They also have the first coal engine which was invented by British and is really spectacular. I was really captivated and fascinated by the innovative mechanism people used in earlier times. You would really love this place as you hold a great passion for ancient rail / railway systems. I certainly believe that this museum is meant for you.
If you are free this weekend, do visit my place and we can go together. I don’t mind making another visit because I really enjoyed it.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- You Recently Visited A Foreign Country And Got Some Information At The Tourist Information Centre
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job |
- IELTS model letter
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- Write A Letter To A Friend Explaining Why You Have Moved | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- A While Ago You Had Lent A Friend A Suitcase | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country