You have recently used the services of a moving company. At the new place, you found out that some of your items were badly damaged. Write a letter to the company manager. In your letter including the following:
- give details of your move
- list items that were damaged
- ay what you expect the manager to do
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to complain about the damage caused to my items when I used your company’s services for shifting my items to my new address. I hired the services of your company to move my items from Pune to Hyderabad on December 10, 2018.
The items were collected from my Pune home the following day itself and arrived at my new address in Hyderabad on December 20. Upon inspection I found out that a few of my items had been damaged beyond repair. The dressing table which is a customised wooden red teak set has broken into two and the mirror has got many scratches. In addition to this, the Sony electronic television set has got many scratches and does not start probably due to the damage done to the processing chip as a result of rough handling.
I kindly request you lodge an official complaint regarding this matter and raise a ticket in order to send over a person for the verification of damage done to my items. This will enable me to get the replacement of items or claim insurance from your company at the earliest.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- You Relocated To An Overseas Country Recently And Shipped Your Furniture Through A Shipping Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Suggest A Group That Should Receive Financial Assistance From Your Company Next Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- The Car You Hired Met With An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- As Part Of Your Study You Have Worked For A Short Period Of Time In A Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | During A Place Journey You Sat Next To A Man Who Offered You A Job