You Recently Stayed In A Hotel In A Large City | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of year and the heating / cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate.
Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter:
1. give details of what went wrong
2. explain what you had to do to overcome the problem at the time
3. say what action you would like the manager to take
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Jones,
I am writing to complain about the inadequate heating facilities in your hotel rooms. I stayed in your hotel last month for 1 night during a business trip, and I was allocated room 5A, which is a deluxe suite.
Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, I had to wait at the front desk for an hour to check in. When the room was allocated, I was surprised that the heating system was not working. In addition to this, there was a bad smell coming from the vents, which made my stay uncomfortable.
Although this issue was reported to the front desk and a room change was requested, no solution was provided. Fortunately, I had carried a portable heater. Obviously, its effectiveness was limited, which meant that I was cold the whole night.
In order to resolve this issue, I would like the management of the hotel to immediately repair the heating system, and I would also like refund of the amount I paid.
I hope that you will give prompt attention to this matter.
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel In A Large City. The Weather Was Unusual For The Time Of Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel And An Employee Was Very Helpful | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Spent The Night At A Hotel And There Was A Problem | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Spent The Night At An Expensive Hotel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home you found you had left some important papers at the hotel
- You Travelled To Another City And There Was A Problem With Your Hotel Room | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample about belongings left in a hotel room
- You Recently Attended A Meeting At A Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS essay letter
- You Recently Held A Party At A Hotel | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample