You Recently Spent The Night At A Hotel And There Was A Problem | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You recently spent the night at an expensive hotel. There was a problem with your room, but the hotel staff was unable to do anything about it. Write a letter to the hotel manager. In your letter
- describe the problem.
- explain what happened when you asked the hotel staff for help.
- say what you would like the manager to do.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction over my stay at your hotel last week. Please allow me to elaborate.
I stayed at your establishment for three days from 9 September 2019 in room no-17. My stay was thoroughly unpleasant as the air conditioner in my room was not working. I called the reception and requested them to send someone to fix it / repair it. To my surprise, nobody came to the room until midnight, despite my continuous calls. And when the help arrived, he said he cannot fix the issue as the machinery was damaged. I requested another room but was denied as the property was fully-booked. Thus, I had to spend uncomfortable and sleepless nights in your hotel.
This was a disappointing experience, given the reputation of your hotel. Therefore, I would suggest you train your staff to keep a check on these things in future and be more understanding and empathetic towards customers. Also, because of your poor customer service, I would request a refund of the money which I paid at the time of booking the room.
I hope you will look into this matter promptly.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home you found you had left some important papers at the hotel
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel And An Employee Was Very Helpful | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS essay letter
- You Travelled To Another City And There Was A Problem With Your Hotel Room | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Organised An All Day Meeting For Your Party In A Local Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample about belongings left in a hotel room
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Asking About Arrangements At A Hotel
- You Recently Attended A Meeting At A Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Letter To A Hotel Manager
- Write A Letter To A Hotel Manager About The Poor Quality Of Food | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample