You recently received a letter from your bank that should have contained a new credit card. Unfortunately, the card was not in the letter. Write a letter to your bank manager. In your letter:
- explain what has happened
- suggest the credit card should be cancelled for security reasons
- ask when a new credit card can be sent to you
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to inform you that the credit card delivery letter that I received on the 17th of November 2018 did not have a credit card enclosed within it.
Regarding the letter, it was sealed properly when I received it. However, when I opened the envelope, although it had the credit card holder attached to the letter, the credit card was missing. I suspect that the employee in charge forgot to place the card inside the holder before sealing the envelope. I would like to request that you look into this matter and ensure that the card is cancelled as early as possible. I believe that cancelling the card is the best way to ensure that it is not misused.
I would be grateful if you could send me a new credit card at the earliest as I want to buy a new music system by it. I am usually back home by 6 pm so the card can be delivered on any day after that time.
I look forward to getting the issue resolved at the earliest.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Bank Should Check The Finances Of A Person Before Issuing Credit Cards To Them
- An Increasing Number Of People Use The Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Careless Use Of Credit Cards
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- IELTS essay: Will credit cards replace traditional currency?
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home you found you had left some important papers at the hotel
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS essay letter
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel And An Employee Was Very Helpful | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Received Your Gas Bill And You Are Overcharged | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping