You have recently ordered a book online, but the book was delayed and has not arrived yet. Write a letter to the company manager and say
– Give the details of your
– Explain why you need the book urgently.
– Suggest a solution for the situation.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our readers. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with the delay in the delivery of a book. I ordered ’12 Rules of Life’ from your official website www.staples.com with order number AB66896Z on the 12th of August. As I paid for the express delivery post, the book was supposed to be delivered on the 13th of August; however, it has been delayed by 2 days now.
This book was a birthday present for my friend who is a great admirer / fan of this book. He is celebrating his birthday tomorrow and I would like to give it to him personally. However, this delay has put my plan in jeopardy.
In the view of this situation, I have a suggestion to offer. You have a store in my city and they have a copy of this book on display which the manager claimed cannot be sold. However, I was wondering if you could phone the manager and let me purchase the display copy instead so that I can have this book later today. Also, if you can cancel the online order after confirming the order with the local store, it will be helpful to me.
Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to a swift and satisfactory resolution to this matter.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Recently Ordered A Book Online But It Was Delayed | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- You Found Problems With An Expensive Item You Bought | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Writing: Model Letter 1
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel And An Employee Was Very Helpful | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Talk about a book you recently read | IELTS speaking practice
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping