You recently held a party at a hotel. Generally, you were happy with the party, but you feel some things could have been improved. Write a letter to the hotel manager.
- Give details about your party
- Say what you were happy with
- Say what could have been improved
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to provide feedback on a party I recently held at your hotel. Although the party was a great success, there were a few things that stood out that were not to my liking.
I had reserved the banquet hall at the hotel to host my friend’s birthday party on the evening of July 05th 2020. We had around 85 guests attending the event. The guests were offered optional valet service on arrival at the venue. The valet staff parked the guests’ vehicles about a mile away from the hotel. The party agenda included cake cutting at 7pm followed by drinks and dinner at 8pm.
I was extremely happy with the food and drinks service. The guests were really impressed by the variety in the food spread. The bartender at the open bar did a great job serving the guests their favorite cocktails. We were also extremely satisfied with the chocolate cake that was prepared specially for the birthday. There were, however, a couple of things that could have been improved to make the party a bigger success.
First, I was told the banquet hall could easily accommodate 100 guests; however, I found that the hall was cramped for room making it difficult for guests to move around freely. I recommend better arrangement of the furniture in the hall to make sufficient room for the guests. Finally, some guests who availed of the valet service complained of having to wait for a long time to receive their cars from the hotel staff. I suggest utilizing the parking lot opposite the hotel to save guests from having to wait for their vehicles.
I hope these suggestions will be taken into consideration for future events at your hotel.
- You Recently Held A Party At A Hotel | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Spent The Night At A Hotel And There Was A Problem | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently attended a meeting at a hotel. When you returned home you found you had left some important papers at the hotel
- You Recently Spent The Night At An Expensive Hotel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Organised An All Day Meeting For Your Party In A Local Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- You recently attended a meeting at a hotel | Band 8 IELTS essay letter
- You Recently Stayed In A Hotel In A Large City. The Weather Was Unusual For The Time Of Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Asking About Arrangements At A Hotel
- Write A Letter To A Hotel Manager About The Poor Quality Of Food | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample