You recently received furniture that was already damaged at the time of arrival. Write a letter to the manager of the shipping company about it and say:
- What furniture did you order?
- What was the damage?
- Suggest what needs to be done about it.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to inform you that the services I have received from your shipping company were extremely disappointing.
I bought a wooden three seater red colour sofa from Ikea, the famous furniture shop in our city. I made the payment for the sofa in full after checking its condition thoroughly at the furniture shop. Since the sofa was huge, I decided to use your services to deliver this piece of furniture at my address. For this also, I made the payment upfront.
However, I was shocked to see the state of the sofa when it was delivered to me. One of its legs was half broken. Besides this, the leather covering in the top left corner of the sofa was torn. And these damages are clearly visible. The unit that I bought was free of defects and I can prove it because I had taken a photo of the sofa before buying it. Therefore, it is a clear case of negligence on your part and hence, I demand that you either pay for these damages or get these fixed.
I look forward to hearing from you at the earliest.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- You Relocated To An Overseas Country Recently And Shipped Your Furniture Through A Shipping Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Used The Services Of A Moving Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- You Recently Organised An All Day Meeting For Your Party In A Local Hotel | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Colleague Found Another Job And Invited You To His/Her Farewell Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter