You recently bought an expensive electronic product from a store, and found that the product does not work properly. Write a letter to the store manager. In your letter, complain about the problem; propose action for the store to take; request confirmation that this is agreed
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing about the defective hair straighter that I bought from your store two days ago. Prior to this, I have purchased a number of items from this place, but this has never been the case earlier.
However, the major problem I faced while using this product is that it made my hair frizzy and dry instead of straightening it when I used it for the very first time. I was not aware that it is faulty as it was not feasible to use this item at the shop. I have realized that it is unable to produce the sufficient amount of heat which is required for this item to operate properly.
I think salespersons should demonstrate the working of each product at the time of purchase in order to avoid any kind of inconvenience to customers later on. I spent about 2000 dollars on this product and it is a huge amount for me and I cannot afford to lose it. Therefore, I request that you either send me its replacement which is in good working condition or refund me the whole amount that I paid for it.
In addition, kindly confirm which of the above mentioned suggestions is agreeable to you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- You Found Problems With An Expensive Item You Bought | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS speaking part 2: Describe a product you recently bought
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Two Weeks Ago You Bought A Radio From A Well-Known Chain Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- Band 7.5 IELTS Complaint Letter | Letter To The Manager Of A Department Store
- You Recently Bought Furniture That Was Damaged At The Time Of Arrival | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Laptop You Bought Has A Problem