You Read An Article In A Newspaper About A City/Town | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
You read an article in a newspaper about a city/town. Some of the information in that article is wrong. Write a letter to the newspaper editions. In your letter, you should:
- describe how you know the city/town
- tell what the problems are
- suggest what you want the editor to do.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter about an article published in your newspaper last week about Islamabad city.
I was born and brought-up in Islamabad and then moved to Dubai a few years ago for my work. I saw the expansion and development of this city with my own eyes. A couple of decades ago, it was merely a small village. Then the Government of Pakistan decided to move the country’s capital from Karachi to Islamabad due to its central location.
In your article you mentioned that the Faisal mosque which is the 3rd largest mosque in the world was funded by the Royal family of UAE in 1967. On the contrary, the entire construction cost of this mosque was borne by the King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. Therefore, the name of the mosque was given after him.
I would suggest that you should correct this mistake in your newspaper archive). Along with that, give a short correction note in the newspaper, to pass the right information to your reader. Furthermore, I have attached a few references in my letter for you, about the facts of this beautiful city.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Speaking part 2 | Talk about an article you read in the newspaper
- Letter To The Editor Of A Newspaper Enquiring About An Old Friend | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Purchased An Article Of Clothing From A Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Your Manager Asking For Their Comments On Your Article
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- A friend is moving to your town and has requested some information about the town | IELTS letter sample
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market