You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- explain why you want to take time
- give details of the amount of time you need
- suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to request you to grant me leave of absence for 2 days. As you know, the customer was extremely disappointed with our previous delivery as their expectation regarding quality and the timeline of the release was too high. To meet their requirement, I had been working consecutively for 3 weeks even on the weekends. Now, considering the number of hours I spent in office last month, I have decided to take a short break from work.
I am planning a short vacation on November 21st and 22nd. As the following days are weekends, I will get a total of 4 days of holiday. I would like to visit my native place during these holidays and get some time for myself before commencing work on the next project.
I assure you that my absence will in no way affect my work as my teammate Sara has agreed to fill me for me. In addition, I will continuously monitor my email inbox and reply to customer queries without delay.
I look forward to getting my leave application approved as early as possible.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample | Leave application letter
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter to The Manager Requesting Leave of Absence
- Band 7.5 IELTS Complaint Letter | Letter To The Manager Of A Department Store
- A Friend Has Offered You Some Work In His Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample