You Live In A Room In College Which You Share With Another Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You live in a room in college which you share with another student.
However, there are many problems with this arrangement and you find it
very difficult to work. Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In your letter:
- describe the situation
- explain your problems and why it is difficult to work
- say what kind of accommodation you would prefer
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this to inform you about the issues I face in the Knightsbridge Residence facility of the college.
I am a senior from the medical school and share apartment #402 with an undergraduate student from the Music Academy. Firstly, the decision of the residence management to allocate the same room to a medical student and a music student itself proves that they didn’t take compatibility into consideration.
Secondly, my roommate prefers to stay in the room during most of his free time and practices his instruments at home. Sometimes the music is very loud and unbearable, especially when I have to prepare for my research papers.
I am a senior student and have to prepare for my dissertation and presentations most of the time. I prefer to work in my laboratories; however, I have to bring work back home, in order to prepare for next day’s research. I do not have any personal animosity towards my current roommate; however, our study subjects demand different lifestyle.
I kindly request you to allocate accommodation for me in Boroughfield residence, where most of the residents are from Medical faculty. It will also help me in better preparation because of the same peer group. I sincerely hope you can accept my request on priority.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Share A Room With Another Student And There Are Problems With This Arrangement | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have A Spare Room In Your Flat And You Want to Rent It To A Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- College Accommodation | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
- Band 9 letter sample
- A Letter To College Magazine About Need To Improve College Cafeteria
- You Are Going On A Short Course To A Training College Abroad | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Studying A Short Term Course In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You are accepted as an overseas student by a university | Band 8 IELTS letter sample