You Live In A Room In College Which You Share With Another Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You live in a room in college which you share with another student. There are many problems with this arrangement and you find it difficult to work.
Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In the letter:
• describe the situation
• explain the problems and why is it difficult to work
• say how you would like the situation resolved
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with my college accommodation.
Let me explain my situation. During my admission, I was told that I would be allotted a single room. However, owing to the shortage of rooms, I had to stay in this twin room. Even though the accommodation is fine, I am not quite pleased with my roommate because of his annoying activities.
The first problem is that my roommate stays up almost all night and plays loud music incessantly. Therefore, I have not been able to sleep properly and cannot concentrate on my studies. Furthermore, he frequently organizes parties in the room and this is quite exasperating. In addition to this, he has this habit of taking my things without asking me and it is not a good practice.
Would you please arrange me a single room as promised? If this is not possible, kindly transfer me or my roommate to another room. I would prefer to stay with someone who is quite and considerate of others.
I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips
- You Live In A Room In College Which You Share With Another Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Share A Room With Another Student And There Are Problems With This Arrangement | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 letter sample
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- You Have A Spare Room In Your Flat And You Want to Rent It To A Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Studying A Short Term Course In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- College Accommodation | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- You Are Going On A Short Course To A Training College Abroad | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence