You Have Received A Letter From Your University Demanding A Reason For Your Absence From An Exam | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You have received a letter from your university of Albion demanding a reason for your absence from an exam. You were ill that day, but failed to submit the evidence. Write a letter to the Examinations Committee explaining your situation. You should include:
- Apologies for the situation
- Identification for yourself (Name, Student Number, Case Number)
- An explanation of what had happened and any possible evidence you may have
- Possible resolutions to consider.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to apologize for my failure to submit the doctor’s letter for being absent on the exam day.
My name is Rishi and I am a graduate student in the field of mechanical engineering at University of Albion. My student ID is 123456 and I am responding to the case number ABC123.
I was diagnosed with coronavirus flu the day before the mathematics exam. It took me the whole of the last week to recover and come back to my senses. As a result, I could not submit the explanation letter within the university timeline; however, I am sending the doctor’s certificate now to prove my condition.
I am hoping you would be able to offer me a make-up exam. I am also willing to write additional assignments if reappearing for the exam is not an option anymore.
Again, I apologize for being late in submitting the medical explanation behind my missing the exam and look forward to hearing from you soon about the next steps.
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- You are accepted as an overseas student by a university | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- IELTS Sample Letter 5
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Requesting Leave Of Absence
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or Try To Get A Job | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job |
- You are going to visit the town where your friend went to university | Band 8 IELTS letter Sample