You have organized to go on holiday with your friend. However, you must change your plans. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Tell how much you are looking forward to the holiday.
- Explain why you must change your plan
- Suggest alternative arrangement
Here is a band 8 IELTS Letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
How are you? Hope Ramesh and Kirti are doing great. Ever since we planned our holiday I have been eagerly looking forward to it. As it’s been two years since our families met, my keenness to see you enhanced the excitement.
Unfortunately, I have to make some changes to the plan. I have been asked to attend a work related conference on the 7th & 8th of January and hence I cannot make it on the first day of our holiday. I’m sorry about this but I am sure you will understand my predicament.
However, this should not impact our holiday plan considering that we have a four day window. You can stick to your travel plan and arrive in Chennai on the night of January 7. You can spend the 8th in a beach resort in Mamallapuram which is very near to Chennai and join us for the rest of the holiday from the night of 8th. I will make arrangement for your resort stay and cab transfers. This resort (Blue Beach Resort) is a great place to soak up the sun, the sand and the sea and your family will surely relish the experience.
Again, I’m sorry about this change of plan but I’m sure you will not only understand my position but also enjoy this alternate plan. I look forward to having a great holiday with you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Letter To Your Friend Suggesting A Good Place For Holiday | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Went To A Theatre With A Friend. Your Friend Had An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | An English Speaking Friend Wants To Spend A Holiday In Your Region
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Letter To Friend About Wallet Left At Their Place | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You stayed with your friend and by mistake carried home one of his objects
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections