You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour. Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter:
- introduce yourself
- describe your plans for the party
- invite your neighbour to come
Here is a band 8 IELTS Letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Rajesh,
My name is Adhi and I am an engineer at Cochin Shipyard Limited. I just moved to the house next to yours. I am a bachelor and will be a single occupant of the house. I am extremely delighted to have found a place in this locality as it is a serene residential area, away from the industrial estate.
I have been here since Wednesday and I am thinking of organizing a party next Saturday between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM at my place. The party would start at around 5:15 PM, with religious rituals by a priest, followed by a meet and greet. Later, at 6:30 PM, a friend of mine will be performing Carnatic music. Finally, dinner will be served from 7:30 PM. I will try my best to keep the noise levels under control; however, I would like to extend my sincere apologies in advance just in case you get disturbed by the party.
I would also like to use this opportunity to invite you to the party. I can assure you that you will have a good time.
I look forward to seeing you at the party.
Do you have an IELTS letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To A Friend Explaining Why You Have Moved | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample