You have been selected for a training course on computer skills that you cannot attend. Write a letter to your employer and say:
- Explain how this training course would help you
- Why won’t you be able to attend it
- Suggest a way to have that training again
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Williams,
I am writing this letter to thank you for giving me an opportunity to join the advanced java training on the coming weekend. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the training on Sunday because I have a doctor’s appointment on the same day. I booked the appointment two weeks ago and I had no knowledge of this training course then. I did try to change the appointment but they do not have any other slots available. I cannot miss this appointment because it is very important.
I know this course will help me tremendously to enhance my coding skills and benefit the organization as well. Would it be possible for you to reschedule the training for the Sunday after this one? I am free on that day.
Thank you once again for offering me such a wonderful opportunity to upgrade my skills.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Have Been Selected For A Training Course You Cannot Attend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter | Letter To Your Manager Expressing Your Interest In Doing A Training Course
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Manager About A Training Course You Want To Attend
- You Would Like To Attend A Training Course | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | New Parents Should Receive Training In Parenting
- Some People Believe That To Be A Good Teacher, You Need To Acquire Training In Teaching | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Are Going On A Short Course To A Training College Abroad | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Advising Him To Find A Job
- A Friend Is Expecting You To Stay With Him | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample