You have arranged a weekend holiday with a group of friends, but due to your studies, you will not be able to go with them. Write to your friends and,
- Tell them why you are unable to go
- Say sorry for this
- Suggest an alternative activity at another time
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter
Dear Jack and Mary,
I hope all is well with you guys. As you know we had made plans to visit the Hampton beach this weekend. But unfortunately I can’t come. I recently took a new course at school which is quite demanding and the assignments are tougher than I expected. I am not complaining but my professor is quite strict on the submission deadline and I need to complete an important this weekend. I am really sorry for informing you at the last moment. However, you both should go ahead with your plans and don’t forget to send me some photos.
That said, I am really keen to spend some time with you both. What about visiting my cousin’s place next month? I know you guys are fond of the country life and my cousin has a large farm where we can camp for a few nights. We can also rent bikes and go around the mountain to watch sunset and sunrise. I hope that sounds like a good alternative to you.
Again, sorry for the last minute inconvenience and I can’t wait to hear back from you folks.
All the Best,
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Friends For Holiday At Their Place
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Letter to Foreign Friends
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- You Had Arranged To Meet A Friend Next Week, But You Won’t Be Able To Go | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Play A Team Sport With Some Friends | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Organized To Go On Holiday With Your Friend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- IELTS speaking test in India (September 2011)
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter