You have a spare room in your flat or apartment and you want to rent it to a student. Write a letter to the director of the accommodation office at the local college. In your letter:
-Explain where your apartment is
-Describe the room
-What kind of person would you like to rent it to.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
I am the owner of a 3 bedroom flat in north-east Alpharetta. I want to rent out the study room of my apartment to a student seeking accommodation.
My apartment is located on the second floor of the Valencia Park Society. It is situated in the centre of the town near the main market area. The Lord Georgian Library is a 10 minutes’ walk from my apartment. The Metro station is only 15 minutes’ drive from my location.
The room is a study room with a separate entrance from the main apartment. It is a well ventilated room with a big window facing the society park. Since it is away from the children’s playground, it is a quiet place suitable for a student. I am looking for a mature and a sensible tenant who maintains the room as if it is his own property. I do not prefer a person who invites his friends for late night parties as it would disturb my family members.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- College Accommodation | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- You are accepted as an overseas student by a university | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- Letter To A Friend Seeking Help In Finding Accommodation | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Are Shifting Out Of Your Accommodation
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample |A Letter To Your Landlord
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Problem With Accommodation
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord