You have a problem with your neighbour. Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter:
- Describe the problem
- Say how long it has been a problem
- Explain what action you want the neighbour to take
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. John,
I am writing to complain about the noise problem I have been facing for a while. I live in the third house from yours and the loud music coming from your place is causing me a great deal of disturbance.
I have noticed that loud music is played in your house throughout the day and until late night. This causes disturbance and I cannot fulfill my day to day responsibilities. I have also been suffering from continuous headache since last two days. It has been more than a week now since the loud music started causing discomfort. I did not want to bring up this issue, but this has become intolerable. Yesterday the music was played till 2.00 am. I could not sleep and had to take a day off from work today.
I do like music but I cannot bear at such high volumes. I suggest that you play music at a lower volume. You may also use headphones to enjoy listening music on high volume.
I hope that this problem will be solved at the earliest.
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- Band 8 letter sample | A letter to a neighbour
- Band 9 letter sample | A complaint letter to a neighbour
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to a neighbour
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter To One’s Neighbour
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample