You have a problem with the neighbour. Write a letter to your neighbour. In your Letter:
- Describe the problem
- Say how long it has been a problem
- Explain what action you want the neighbour to take.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr Brown,
I am writing to you regarding the issues that my family members are facing because of the loud noise that comes from your house late at night.
I have already mentioned to you and your wife a couple of times about this problem. I understand that both of you come home late from work and prefer to watch TV to relax. The problem is the high volume of your TV, which is kept in your living room. Sometimes it is so loud that it disturbs the sleep of my daughter whose room shares the same wall as your living room. This has been an issue since you bought your new TV six months ago. What is worse is that it has now started affecting my daughter’s performance at school because of lack of sleep.
I request you to either shift your TV to your bedroom or at least play it at lower volume so that it does not cause any inconvenience to my daughter.
I hope you will understand my situation and take some actions to resolve it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | A letter to a neighbour
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour
- Band 9 letter sample | A complaint letter to a neighbour
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 letter sample
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour Who Leaves Rubbish Near Your House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter To One’s Neighbour
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Asking About Arrangements At A Hotel