You have a friend who is about to enter university, and he wants you to advise him on which subject to specialize in – history, in which he is very interested, or computer science, which offers better job prospects.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I hope you are fine and I’m glad that you have passed your high school exam with good marks. I feel honored that you asked my guidance on which subject to choose.
Well, you have mentioned that you aspire to study history. This subject is quite popular amongst students who want to learn about past, but if you choose this subject you have to have excellent memory because you have to remember dry figures such as dates and years.
However, I would recommend you to opt for computer science. This is because, we are living in the technological era; therefore, the computer is used in every field and work. As for your interest in history, you can pursue it in your leisure time as a hobby.
A degree in computer science offers ample job opportunities as I.T companies recruit hundreds of computer graduates from the colleges; thus, this is a breadwinner subject.
I hope that you will take your decision after considering your opinion.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Cue card: Talk about a subject that you didn’t like learning at school
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- You Had Arranged To Meet A Friend Next Week, But You Won’t Be Able To Go | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From A Friend Asking For Advice About Whether To Go To College Or To Try To Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- Students Should Only Learn Science And Technology At University | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Borrowed Something From Your Friend And It Got Damaged | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for assistance with finding a job
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Has Changed Schools