You Had A Dinner With Your Friend’s Family
You had a dinner with your friend’s family. Write a letter to your friend and express your feelings about the dinner. In your letter, you should:
· say what you enjoyed at the dinner
· describe how you feel about his/her family
· invite your friend and his family to your place.
Here is a band 7 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to thank you for the happy evening which I spent at your home last Sunday evening. The delicious dishes prepared by your wife tasted the same as those made by my mother and it made me feel nostalgic. Dancing and singing with you and your family made the weekend even more enjoyable for me.
Your little son is so cute, and I was surprised to hear him recite numerous ancient Chinese poems fluently. Your wife was so hospitable and the taste of dinner which she cooked impressed me a lot.
So, when are you coming to stay with me? There is a newly opened hotspot restaurant in my neighbourhood where they serve excellent food and drinks. Why not come and have dinner with me/us in this restaurant next Saturday, as I know hotspot is your favorite dish? On top of that, in the evening of that day, we can attend a music concert hosted in the national stadium which is about 10 minutes’ walk from my home. I know you are stressed out due to work, so attending a concert is an effective way to relieve yourself.
Hoping to see you soon.
- You And Your Friends Ate A Meal At A Restaurant | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Some People Believe It is Important To Give Gifts And Presents To Friends And Family To Show That We Care For Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: A thank-you letter
- Your Friend Has Recently Got Engaged | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A family member is coming to stay with you | Informal IELTS letter sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | A Friend Is Visiting You But You Will Not Be There To Pick Them Up From The Airport
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- IELTS speaking practice | Describe a family you like