You Bought A New Phone And It Has Stopped Working | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
You have bought a new mobile phone and in a few days after purchase it has stopped working. You spoke to the company representative a week ago but the phone has still not been repaired. Write a letter to the company. In your letter
– introduce yourself
– explain the situation
– say what action you would like to company to take.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
This is to inform you that the phone I bought from your store last week is defective. My name is xxx. I bought the new Nokia L-series phone from your authorized Nokia center in Andheri East, Mumbai on 25 September 2018. I have enclosed the bill receipt with this letter. Within a week of purchase, it got automatically switched off. Although I tried to turn it on many times, it just did not respond. I took it to the authorized service center in Andheri East for repairs. They took 2 days but failed to find a solution. Also upon calling up the customer care number, the caller gave me a response which was unsatisfactory.
As per the terms and conditions, if a phone is found faulty within 15 days of buying it, the company is bound to give a new phone instead or a full refund. In this case, I would like to request you to send a new phone. I cannot afford to invest in another phone at this moment; hence it would be helpful if you could resolve this issue at the earliest.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Laptop You Bought Has A Problem
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter
- IELTS speaking part 2: Describe a product you recently bought
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- You Need To Take A Certain Course | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample