You Are Working On A Project With A Colleague | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You are working on a project with a work colleague. However, you do not think you will finish in time to meet the deadline.
- Describe details of the project
- Say why you cannot meet the deadline
- Suggest a new deadline
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to inform you that I may not be able to finish the robot assembling project in the stipulated time as finalized earlier.
As you know, the project requires making a robot that can assist people in doing household chores like cleaning the house, serving, and making the food. My team and I have been working hard to assemble various parts that are procured from the parts manufacturer’s company.
However, in the final stage of the project, we are facing a battery compatibility issue. The batteries supplied by the manufacturer are not capable of keeping the robot in operation for the prescribed time. It requires frequent charging and can last for only 12 hours.
To address the problem, the manufacturer has agreed to supply the new batteries along with their testing reports in the next fifteen days. Therefore, I now request you to provide twenty days of additional time to complete the project. I hope that you will manage to convince the management regarding the delay in completion.
I look forward to a positive response.
- You Have Missed A Project Deadline | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Colleague Found Another Job And Invited You To His/Her Farewell Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Shifting Out Of Your Accommodation. You Think Your Current Place Of Residence Is Suitable For Your English Speaking Colleague | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- One Of Your Friends Wants To Apply For A Job Involving Working With Foreign Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Offered You Some Work In His Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Need To Take Some Time Off Work And Want To Ask Your Manager About This | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Having Some Issues With A Colleague | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter Expressing Your Dissatisfaction With A Part Time Job | IELTS Letter Samples
- The Rubbish Collection System In Your Area Is Not Working Properly | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter to The Manager Requesting Leave of Absence