You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Ask for some time off to complete the qualification.
- Suggest what you will do later at work if you have time off.
- Say how the qualification helps your job or company
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr. Kumar,
I am writing this letter to request a leave of absence from work in the month of June 2019. I have been preparing for the Process Quality Program for which I have been selected. This is a professional certification in the field of Electronics Engineering. It took me tremendous efforts) to get selected for this qualification and this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity as only 10 candidates are selected in an year.
On my return, I will make sure that the piled up work is completed and aligned as soon as possible, even if it means working overtime and on the weekends. The numerous skills acquired during the training will help me benefit the company by making process improvements in the office environment.
I hope my leave application will be granted.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter Requesting Leave Of Absence
- You Need To Take Some Time Off Work And Want To Ask Your Manager About This | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Would Like To Attend A Training Course | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Been Selected For A Training Course You Cannot Attend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Work At Home And Have A Problem With A Piece Of Equipment That You Use For Your Job | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Manager About A Training Course You Want To Attend
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample