You Are Studying A Short Term Course In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You are studying a short course in another country. Your accommodation was arranged by the course provider. There is a major problem with the accommodation. Write a letter to the course provider. In your letter:
- Say what the problem is
- Describe the accommodation you thought you were getting
- Ask the provider to solve the problem
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to complain about the room that you allotted to me for my stay while doing the course. I had clearly mentioned in the application form that I need a single room, but I got a double occupancy.
After reaching here only, I got to know that I have to share my room with another person. I have no issues having a roommate but unfortunately the person whom I share my room with comes late at night and this disrupts my sleep. Moreover, as this is a short-term course, I must complete a lot of assignments in a short span of time. My roommate plays loud music whenever he is in the room, making it difficult for me to concentrate on my work.
As already mentioned, I had requested for a single room while applying for the course. The confirmation mail that I received had specified it as single occupancy as well. I am not sure how it changed after that.
Hence, as I have one more week of classes left and need to complete a project within this time, could you move me to a single room? I am sorry for asking this, but I do not have any other option.
Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- You Are Studying In Another Country And There Is A Problem With The Accommodation | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Share A Room With Another Student And There Are Problems With This Arrangement | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 9 letter sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Problem With Accommodation
- You Are Going On A Short Course To A Training College Abroad | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask You For Help In Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- You And Your Family Are Moving To Another Country And You Are Looking For Rented Accommodation | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample