You are applying for a job and need a letter of reference. Write a letter to a former teacher. In your letter:
- give details of the job
- explain why it is important to you
- suggest what information your teacher could put in the reference
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Mr Kapur,
I am Sunil Thanda, who was your student in the BA Economics class of 2018. I hope you are doing well. I am writing this letter to seek a letter of reference from you to support my application for the job of a trainee journalist in The Hindu group of publications.
This is a fabulous position that entails covering local events in this city along with assisting a senior journalist in collating content for major stories. Given my flair and passion for media work and the brand equity of The Hindu in this field, I am eager to get this job. Furthermore, I am anxious to start earning soon so as to support my family, as my father has recently retired.
It will be great if you can vouch for my character and perseverance in the reference letter. More importantly, your reference towards my attitude and aptitude to learn will have a salutary effect on my application. Considering that you used to praise me a lot while I was your student, I trust that you will be happy to recommend me for this position.
I look forward to receiving your reference letter. Thanks in advance.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample |Request A Reference Letter From A Former Teacher
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Request For A Letter Of Reference
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia
- Letter To Teacher Expressing Inability To Continue Part Time Course | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Suggest A Group That Should Receive Financial Assistance From Your Company Next Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Complaint Letter | Letter To The Manager Of A Department Store
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For Volunteers To Teach English Overseas | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter To The Editor Of A Newspaper Enquiring About An Old Friend | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample